Credit Hours: 10
Introduction of the course
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and AED is an emergency procedure used to manage a victim of cardiac arrest. The skill of providing CPR is a combination of effective compression and ventilation; however, the technique may vary based on the victim. This module deals with theoretical and clinical aspects of providing CPR and AED in managing patient with cardiac complications.
At the end of the module the learner would be able to:
- Understand the basic of AED and concepts related to airway management, chest compression technique, pocket mask and bag mask ventilation.
- Demonstrate steps of 1& 2 Rescuer Adult CPR
- Manage a victim of choking
- Use Pocket mask & Bag mask device
- Demonstrate the steps of using an AED
Demonstrate after care of patient and equipment
1. Ms. Tarika Sharma, Asst. Prof, MMU, Mullana, Ambala
2. Ms. Medha Verma, Senior Manager – Nursing Education, Bodhi Health Education
1. Maharishi Markandeshwar Deemed to be University (MMU), Mullana, Ambala
2. Columbia Asia Hospital, Delhi