Credit Hours: 10
Introduction of the Course
Basics of medication management deals with patient-centered care that optimizes safe, effective, appropriate drug therapy. Care is provided through collaboration with patients and their healthcare teams. Medication management is a key component of ensuring safe medication by understanding the rights of drug administration and by calculating and administrating correct dose of drugs to the patient
At the end of the module the nurse will able to:
- Explain the importance of safe administration of medicines
- Apply the principles of medication administration
- Practice the ten rights of medication administration
- Administer the correct dose of drugs
- Calculate the amount of fluids to be administered per hours.
- Understand the concepts and principles related to injection administration
- Demonstrate the techniques of intramuscular, subcutaneous and intradermal injection administration
- Reduce medication errors
- Improve patient outcomes and enhance the productivity
- Ms. Chetna, Lecturer, M.M College of Nursing at Maharishi Markandeshwar Deemed to be University, Mullana Ambala, Haryana.
- Ms. Shally, Lecturer, M.M College of Nursing at Maharishi Markandeshwar Deemed to be University, Mullana Ambala, Haryana.
- Ms. Krutika, Nurse Educator, Bodhi Health Education
1. Maharishi Markandeshwar University (MMU), Mullana, Ambala
2. School of Nursing, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital,Delhi